Creating your TORQ profile is accomplished in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: About You
- Zip Code: Please enter the zip code where you currently live to help us search for career options, job postings, and schools that are easy for you to access.
- Are you a veteran? Click for a check box if you have served in the U.S. military.
- Have an access code? If you have been given a special access code by a career counselor or other professional, enter it here. If not, skip this section.
Step 2: Work Experience
- Type in the title of a job in your work history. A list of related career profiles populates as you type. From these options, choose the one whose title and description are the closest match to your actual job.
- If none of the career profiles look right, click the Show more link at the bottom or change the job title slightly. Remember, you’re just looking for the closest match, not an exact match.
- Enter the month and year that you started and stopped this job. If it is your current job, check current occupation
- When you’re finished with this job, click the + ADD button to save it to your profile
- Click + ADD MORE WORK EXPERIENCE as many times as needed to complete your work history
- More is better! Add as many past jobs as possible
- Click NEXT> when you’ve completed your work history
TORQ can translate many military occupation codes into civilian job titles. Combat arms are excluded at this time.
For Example, try entering the Air Force Job Code 1N1X1 or Army Job Code 88M
Step 3: Education
- Enter all your education, whether it’s some high school classes or post-doctoral training. More is better!
After you’ve entered an education program, click the + ADD button to add it to your profile.
- Click + ADD MORE EDUCATION as many times as needed to complete your education history.
- Click FINISH> when you’ve completed your education history.
Once you've followed these 3 steps, that's it! The system will make some calculations and then present you with your customized career options.